Progress Prepaid MasterCard
1. What is a Prepaid Card? A prepaid card is a payment and cash access product that is used like a checking account the difference is that money must be first placed on the card, and the card balance is equal to the money loaded and the card minus fees charged for card usage. The Progress Card can be used for purchases "at millions of locations where debit cards are accepted. The card can also be used at more than one million ATM's worldwide.
2. Can I get the Progress Card if I am not a US citizen? Yes. We require a valid form of US Government issued ID (Social Security Card and Individual Taxpayer Identification Number ITIN). In addition, you will need to provide proof of a valid US physical address.
3. Why do I need to register the card? The United States government and our issuing bank require that each customer provide their name, address, contact information, date of birth, and one form of government issued identification to take full advantage of the card. Registering the card also helps us with serving you as our customer, and in replacing the card if it is lost or stolen.
4. How do I load money onto the Progress Card? What about reloads? You can place money on your Progress Card (loading) by bringing a check or cash to one of many load locations such as Western Union or Greendot.
5. What is the maximum/minimum that I can load onto my Progress Card? The is no minimum load amount. The maximum amount you can load on a non-registered card is $500.00. The maximum amount you can load on a registered card is $5,000.00, depending on the method of loading funds.
6. How do I use my Progress Card at an ATM? Your Progress Card may be used to withdrawal cash at more than one million ATM's worldwide. You will need your card and your PIN (personal identification number) to use your card at an ATM. Your PIN will be provided once that you activate your card.
7. What is my PIN and what is it used for? A PIN is a 4 digit numeric code used to identify and authenticate you as the customer to an ATM. You will receive your PIN when you activate your card. Please remember this number, and do not, for any reason, share it with anyone. Please note as well we will never ask you for your PIN if you call us for customer service.
8. How do I change my PIN? What happens if I forget it? You can change your PIN by accessing our website and selecting the Change PIN function. You can also call us and we can change it over the phone as well. Our customer service can help you with your PIN in the event that you forget it as well. Please call 1-800-708-8275.
9. Can I use my Progress Card to shop online? Yes you can. Many retailers will ask you, in addition to the card number and expiration date, for your name and address. This is another reason why you should register your card with your complete and correct name and address.
10. Can I use my Progress Card to rent a car? Yes. Your Progress Card can be used to reserve and rent a car. Please be aware that the rental car company will place a pre-authorization on your card balance. Discuss this with them and make sure that you have enough money on the card to cover the pre-authorization. Also, when returning the car, you might ask the rental company to charge your card for the exact amount of the rental and release the pre-authorization.
11. Can I purchase gas at the pump with my Progress Card? Yes. Please be aware that the gas station will pre-authorize the card for an amount ranging from $50 to $100. Please make sure that you have enough money on the card to cover the pre-authorization. Once you are finished at the pump, you can also request that the merchant charge the card for the exact amount and release the pre-authorization.
12. What are pre-authorizations and holds on my account? In situations where the exact fee for a service or good is unknown until after the service/good has been received, the merchant may apply a pre-authorization for a specific dollar amount. Examples include car rentals, hotels, airline tickets and gas stations. Pre-authorizations are used to reserve a certain amount from your card to make sure that money is available to complete the transaction once that the final amount is known. Pre-authorization charges are usually reversed in 7 to 10 business days once the actual charge is applied to the card. A hold is an authorization on your account that has not yet been collected by the merchant. The funds are in a hold status because the merchant has been authorized to collect those funds. The Balance amount is the net from the Balance on the Card minus all current Holds. We advise all cardholders with pre-authorizations or holds to check their balance via our web site www.progresscard.com and contact the merchant if the pre-authorization or hold is not released. www.progresscard.com and contact the merchant if the pre-authorization is not released.
13. How do I share money with my Progress Card? Funds can be shared between two registered Progress Card by using the Money Share option on www.progresscard.com after logging in with your account information. Share with friends, family, or even co-workers!
14. How do I check my balance? You can check your balance by visiting our web site www.progresscard.com or by calling our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) line at 1-800-708-8275. You will need to know your card number and your PIN to check your balance at our website and over the phone (IVR).
15. What are the fees associated with the Progress Card? Card transactions may result in fees being applied to your card. Fee transactions may include, but are not limited to, loads and ATM withdrawals. The fee schedule for your card was provided to you with the Cardholder Terms and Conditions document that you received when you obtained your card.
16. How do I report my Progress Card lost or stolen? You can report your Progress Card lost or stolen by contacting Card Services at 1-800-708-8275.
17. How do I close my Progress Card? You can close your Progress Card by contacting Card Services at 1-800-708-8275 and request the account closed. You will receive a check in the mail for the available balance on the card at the time of closure minus the fee for closing the card and disbursing a check.
This Card is issued by Sunrise Banks, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Card may be used everywhere MasterCard Debit Card is accepted.